Anyone reading this, do NOT get offended as it is the most truthful logical understanding of our past world and and with that I don’t claim 100 % truth over it, but am confident that I have got it right, with having made the best of efforts to keep my biases at the minimum. Be accepting of the reality, rather than living in ignorance of wrong ideas which have been digested beforehand. The subjective truth that comes closet to the objective truth is to be accepted as the truth, and that there is no other better understood truth as stated in this article. The intention is not to hate anyone or any religion, and this article maintains respect for all religions, groups and cultures mentioned, and without hurting anyone’s religious sentiments. This article is written from a scientific, historical, atheistic and logical point of view only, and that I can be afforded the liberty of freedom of speech to express it. Peace and Love to all.
Indus valley civilization is the civilization of Jain race – From 3500 B.C onwards.
The Indus valley civilization is the work of the North Western Jains (2.3 million people), and not of 1.7 billion people of Indian sub – continent.
1.Jains have the highest IQ (120) in the world as they underwent maximum human evolution, and the highly and most advanced Indus valley civilization of the ancient world would have been the work of extremely High IQ people. The traits of Jainism and Jain people, is a reflection of the extremely High IQ genetics of Jains.
2.The below is a geographical spread of the Jain community which matches close to the spread of Indus valley civilization. There are pockets in South India having Jain population but which are of later stage influences and conversions from other castes. Jains had a presence in Indus river base in Sindh even during the invasion of Alexander, as recorded by Greek history, and Jainism had influence extending to middle east in the ancient world with having Alexander taken Jain monks back with him to Greece. The continuous invasions from the West and North would have forced Jains to move more East and South from the wider spread of IVC. There are few thousand ethnic Punjabi speaking Jains also left today.
3.Jain scripture traces the history of Jains back to their time living during the phase of Indus valley civilization, and Jainism has been designed as such, to survive the Decaying times of ages which began from the the time of Jains residing during their stay during Indus valley civilization timeframe. Jainism is the oldest organized religion of the world, which is based on being eternal. Human civilization was a project of the Jains, and both the Eastern civilization and Western civilization is the work of Jains.
Jainism was the religion of the Indus Valley civilization (3500 B.C – 1500 BC) making it the first organized religion of India. India was called as ‘Bharat’ and is still referred as such in its native tongue, is named after the son of 1st Tirthankar of Jainism of the current cosmic cycle– Adinath/Rushabdev of timeframe 2500 B.C. Before Tirthankar Rushabdev was Tirthankar Samprati of the previous time cycle of the era of around 3000 B.C. Bharat can be considered as the 1st prominent ruler of India of around 1800 B.C , and that there was no other organized religion present in India before his rule.
To summarize :
Tirthankar Samprati – Reigned around 3000 B.C
Tirthankar Rushabdev – Reigned around 2500 B.C – 2000 B.C
Bharat – reigned around 1800 B.C
According to Jain scriptures, Tirthankar Rushabdev’s daughter – Brahmi, was taught the Brahmi script by Rushabdev and after whom the Brahmi script’s name comes from; this Brahmi script is related to the Indus script and being its evolved version, which adds credibility to the argument of the ancient pre – Sanskrit presence of Jains, and being the creators of Indus valley civilization. The Brahmi script evolved later into Prakrit script – the script in which the oldest Jain writings are still based upon, and which cannot be deciphered anymore. Prakrit was the language of Jains, and the language of Jainism.
Jain scriptures credit Rushabdev to have taught the people farming and civilizing the people, indicating that the Indus valley civilization that was taking place. Rushabdev also created the caste system and which was 3 tier, and a new tier of priestly caste was added way later after the arrival of foreign tribes to India.
There are 23 Jain Tirthankaras after Rushabdev placed between 2500 B.C and 500 B.C, with Mahavir being the last one of the current cosmic cycle.
To summarize :
Rushabdev’s daughter = Brahmi
Rushabdev’s son = Bharat
Indus Script (3500 B. C) —-> Brahmi Script (2200 B.C) —-> Prakrit script ( ? from … to .. 400 B.C ?)
From 2000 B.C to way later after 1500 years, in 500B.C, Pali – the language of Buddhism, came out of Prakrit, as Buddhism emerged out of Jainism as its diluted form, from the strong ascetic path of Jainism, and as a ‘middle path’ as Buddha called it.
To summarize :
Prakrit — > Pali (500 B.C) with having Jainism –> Buddhism
Buddhism = Diluted Jainism
Vedic Hinduism and Sanskrit is understood to have arrived around 1500 B.C with the arrival of foreign tribes from Central Asia , with having its philosophy being reflected through the earliest Vedas, and I say earliest Vedas as the later stage Vedas were influenced by Jainism. Sanskritization started taking place, with the spread of Vedic Hinduism and Sanskrit became the language of the masses with it. The Prakrit script had to be abandoned by the Jains, and Sanskrit was adopted by Jains to write their scriptures around 400 B.C. Sanskrit would be an amalgamation of majorly ‘non – native to India’ Sanskrit + absorption of Prakrit. Example of Prakrit origin terms in Sanskrit is mleccha, which was used by Jains to refer to Non- Jains during Indus valley phase, and which got hijacked to be used derogatorily by others.
Modern Sanskrit = ‘Non – native’ Sanskrit + Absorbed Prakrit
The later stage Vedas were influenced by Jainism, as Jain philosophy was getting absorbed into Hinduism. Gautam Swami who wrote one of the last Vedas became a disciple of Mahavir around 500 B.C, after Mahavir convinced him to stop offering animal sacrifices to appease gods and for which Gautam Swami is revered by Jains. The revered Bhagavad Geeta which was written around 300 B.C, appears as Jain values synching with Hindu values.
The Greeks have also been influenced by Jains since 700 B.C , and Pythagoras of Pythagoras theorem practiced Jainism around 600 B.C. All Greek philosophies including stoicism are diluted forms of Jainism and also is the the concept of ages (Iron age…Bronze Age etc ) or yugas, which is derived from Jainism. Hence, Western civilization is also the work of Jains just like the Eastern civilization.
To summarize :
Modern Hinduism = Earliest Vedic Hinduism + Absorbed Jainism (Mostly from 800 B.C to 2010 A.D)
Greek philosophies = Diluted Jainism
4. Presence of Swastika – a symbol of Jainism which represents Jain values and the only symbol used by Jains, and from it originates from, has been found in IVC, along with meditating pictures (one called as pashupati seal) reflecting Jainism, both of which add credibility to the work of Jains. No deities have been found, as Jains don’t worship god. Since Jainism has been absorbed into Hinduism, the Swastika also gets used in Hinduism representing Jain values along with the use of OM symbol which represents Vedic Hinduism. Swastika is also used in Buddhism – being the diluted form of Jainism.
5. From the ruins of IVC : Skeletons with sustained any injuries or weapons for that matter are few, which adds to the non – violence being practiced with Non – violence being the highest creed of Jainism. No standing army is supposed to have existed in IVC – a trait of Jains which is still alive today with Jains having zero representation in army. No priestly caste existed in IVC ‘s culture and its culture is understood to be humane, all pointing towards Jains.
6. Tamils or Dravidians or ASI (Ancestral South Indians), have nothing to do with the origin of Indus valley civilization.
7. There would have been other groups living alongside Jains during those times who may have been meat eaters, and the caste system was created by Jains to give a better social structure to Non – Jains and which was non – oppressive and non – discriminatory, and which got degraded later on with the arrival of foreign tribes to India, and Jains losing control over the social structure. The priestly class was a fourth layer added later to the 3 tier caste system, with the arrival of Arya tribes around 1500 B.C, given the task of providing wisdom to others. Even today, Jains remain outside of the caste system of India. Out of ignorance, Jains get mistaken as being ‘Bania’ – business caste, as Jains have mainly being merchants, and Tirthankaras who were from royal families are wrongly identified as being from ‘Kshatriya’ caste.
8. Rajputs, Jats and Gujjars who are a significant percentage of NW India population’s are understood to be descendants of Indo-Scythians and Huns who arrived between 200 B.C – 700 A.D as per understood history.
9. Pakistanis and Pakistan, have obviously nothing to do with Indus valley civilization, and this should not even be required to be mentioned. Pashtuns and Balochis, are late stage migrants with Balochis arriving as late as 1100 A.D to the region.
10. Jains are majorly the descendants of the Indus valley creators and so can be considered as a separate race – caste. Jains are Jains, belonging to the Jain race, and Jain genetics remains a mystery, and are just to be accepted as being present in IVC region or having originated from there. They might have shared some closeness to Iranian hunter gatherer of the past or might have migrated from geographic north etc, and so it remains unknown. Many intelligent members of foreign tribes arriving in India, did convert to Jainism and adding to this Jain genetic stock. Even today, Jains have a strong and a separate identity in North – Western region of India, where existed the Indus valley civilization in the past. The Jain, IVC identity and the claim to Indus Valley Civilization rests with present Gujarati – Marwari Jains population of nearly 2 million, whose ancestors founded Jainism and the Indus valley civilization, with being partly their genetic descendants.
Note that all the timeframes are approximate and have been deciphered by me with matching timeline of Jain scriptures with understanding history as understood currently. One of the purpose of having various Tirthankars over time in Jainism, is to pass on the history of Jains down the ages in the best possible way, and a wonderful job has been done by the Jain forefathers in this regard, and without which I would not have been able to write this article.
To conclude, Indus valley civilization was created by the ancestors of 2.3 million Gujarati – Marwari Jains of present, and are the rightful claimants to it, as being genetically the most closest to it, and with having maintained it’s culture of Jainism.
Indus valley Civilization’s origin and claim, should have nothing to do with the 1.7 billion people of the Indian sub – continent.
This article answers the question :
- What language did the Indus Valley speak?
- Indus Valley Civilization summary
- Indus Valley Civilization Map
©2020 by CosmicWheelOfTime