Consider the reality –
- Overpopulation and Climate change are serious issues causing massive problems along with the solutions put in action to contain it.
- Economic growth is permanently over, so providing for a child will be difficult. Also, more the number of children, the lesser the share of inheritance each gets.
- Traditional culture will be completely lost in the coming decades.
- Mental depression is worsening.
- When people around you are choosing to be childless or bringing only 1 child and then raising them poorly, then the question arises whether the culture and environment is suitable for the younger ones ?
- Raising a child means needing a support network – family members and community members are helpful. With the atomized society, will others be able to help you? Family structure has been destroyed and replaced with selfish interest mode.
- Life expectancy is dropping.
- Violence is increasing and freedom is being lost, with the passing time. Civilization is dying off at a fast rate.
Is it fair to bring children in this rapidly decaying world and also give a miserable existence to the new born ?
But one cannot kill their genetic lineage and lose the purpose of life and create an existential crisis for themselves.
I would say bringing 1 child in this world seems right for most people, and the miserable existence is be considered as one’s bad luck.
Those who cannot afford to have a child, should consider skipping.
©2020 by CosmicWheelOfTime